I enjoy covering many different areas within art and design, though I have always been interested in portraying a message from my work, whether through typography or using imagery. I have experimented with photography and printing as well as digital based mediums such as video and computer manipulation. I have always tried to explore new techniques and ideas to push myself in different directions, and have an open mind when it comes to trying new things. I have used typography in an experimental way in recent projects, and I have also built up a collection of packaging and typography that I use for references. I am particularly interested in graphic design as I like being able to designate a purpose to my work, and looking at how this purpose can be achieved in the most effective way.


I have chosen to submit these images to show my exploration of different techniques, which I am interested in combining through mixed-media. I have chosen to include work from 5 different projects, including a typography brief where I responded to a visit I took to an ice cream van, some of my responses to music and work revolving around the gardens at Broomfield Hall. I have also included some drawing as this is a fundamental part of most of my idea development, and use drawings often to support my ideas. I have included some of my digital typography that I produced using either editing hand drawn designs on the computer or produced entirely using a computer programme.


I am interested in this programme, as I believe it will help to hone my skills and teach me how to create more effective pieces of work. It feels like a natural progression to take from the work I have been producing on my Foundation.

Sensory Overload - Visual Response to Music